Feed the Future Bangladesh Aquaculture and Nutrition Activity is a five-year investment by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to WorldFish to sustain positive aquaculture sector growth through an inclusive market systems approach. The Activity aims to improve the sustainable livelihoods for a large number of smallholder farmers and other stakeholders linked to aquaculture value chains in USAID’s Feed the Future Zone of Influence (ZOI) and Zone of Resilience (ZoR) .
The Activity will stimulate aquaculture sector growth, increase employment and income, and improve food and nutrition security for households. It will serve a facilitating role by coordinating linkages among the value chain actors in the private, public and civil society sector of Bangladesh.
BAA is aiming to reach 400,000 individuals over five years’ time span of the project. The main aim of the digital platform would be to enhance the collaboration between end-users and producers to transact with each other engaged in aquaculture market. The platform expected to enable users to share different information like new products and services and connect the platform’s ecosystem and at the same time, the service providers as well as partners could also share information on modern aquaculture technologies, fish and fish products, feed and other inputs. Creating a robust network for increasing value is also made possible by this technology.
BAA is seeking for a qualified digital/ tech organization, companies, and social enterprise to submit a proposal that can help farmers and interested individuals to acquire information and access on inputs e.g fish seeds, fish feeds, and small-scale aquaculture (SSA) technology, as well as get information on improved human nutrition including effective nutrition behavior messages. Additionally, the aim is for value chain actors (e.g. farmers, hatchery owners, nursery owners, processors, etc.) to link together to efficiently communicate information that increases productivity, income and improved nutrition.
The qualified digital/ tech organization, companies, and social enterprise can provide a proposal based on below modality/ties.
- Incorporating aquaculture and nutrition messages in an existing mobile friendly platform Creation of content for the mobile friendly, web-based, application that support farmers, fish seed producers, hatchery owners, traders, women, etc. to access inputs and information on SSA technology and human nutrition
- Setting up of monitoring “tab” or equivalent that can support farmers and BAA project team to track pond productivity and profitability
- Pilot testing of the application among selected farmersand other market actors before roll-out
- Deliver training to BAA and partners field staff to ensure wide used of applications among BAA participants (farmers, traders etc.)
- Designing of interactive activities (e.g. quiz, games) online or other approaches to have strong engagement among target audience beyond the project areas
- Ensure the app sustainswhen BAA project contract ends
Scope of work
- Translating an existing app (from English to Bangla), along with development of a new content and functions.
- Integrate new elements and improve the existing application
- Create access to application in Google Play Store
- Upload all capacity building materials in Content Management System (CMS)
- Provide 2-day long online training to WorldFish and IPs staff on how to use this app
- Customizing and translating following modules/components in the app
- Module 1 –Information of aquaculture technologies and human nutrition
- Module 2 –Networking among market actors (eg. hatcheries, feed mills, agro shops and veterinarians
- Module 3 – Feed optimization for Carp, Tilapia and Catfish
- Module 4 – Improving fish farm management efficiency through calculating feed conversion ratio and monitoring
- Module 5- Text messaging
- Module 6- Call center
- Conducted training to staff of WorldFish
- Minor revisions in app based on feedback from farmers
- Brief report on performance of Application
Who can apply?
Only qualified applicants should apply. "Qualified" means an established company with a track record in similar kind of work/projects. You must have a strong information technology unit or partner to implement this activity listed in your proposal.
- The consultant company's planned approach, methodology and timeline (40 points);
- Detailed financial proposal (20 points);
- A description of the multi-disciplinary team, including their expertise and experience in conducting similar work (20 points)
- Previous and similar type of work- written sample(s) of Digital application or research project, from the team or from some of the key researchers (20 points)
If selected for the grant, the partner will be required to show:
- A certificate of incorporation (for individual companies, a trade license);
- Joint-stock registration certificate (if applicable);
- An organizational organogram of key personnel, inclusive of the names of such personnel;
- Tax Identification Number (TIN);
- VAT registration number;
- Proof of a segregated account (providing the name and address of such an account);
- Other valid papers (provided by government institutions).
- The consulting firm must bear all annual income tax (AIT).
- The percentage of VAT and the total amount of VAT should be mentioned in the proposal.
Duration of the contract
Initial work for this Service Contract is for 3 months. Based on the evaluation, the contract may be extended for a year when budget allows.
Interested parties should submit a full technical and budget proposal of not more than five (5) pages to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the title of the call for proposal in the subject line on or before August 16, 2021.
 The Feed the Future ZOI includes 21 southern districts in Barisal Division (Barisal, Bhola, Jhalokati, Pirojpur, Barguna and Patuakhali), Dhaka Division (Faridpur, Gopalganj, Madaripur, Rajbari and Shariatpur) and Khulna Division (Jashore, Jhenaidah, Magura, Narail, Bagerhat, Khulna, Satkhira, Chuadanga, Meherpur and Khustia). The Resilience Focus Area (RFA) includes two districts in Chattogram Division (Cox’s Bazar and Bandarban).