The USAID Feed the Future Bangladesh Aquaculture Activity (BAA) is a five year (2018-2023) activity implemented by WorldFish Bangladesh. The Activity is working toward sustainably improve the livelihoods of fish farmers and other aquaculture market actors by applying a market systems approach. BAA works in 21 districts of Khulna, Barishal, and Dhaka divisions and two districts of Chattogram division.
BAA produced three different guidelines: Guideline on safe carp production, Guideline on safe feed production and Guideline on safe tilapia seed production. BAA requires the services of an English editor to proof read and edit these documents.
BAA shall enter into an exclusive agreement with the selected service provider and shall provide specific deliverables and time frames for each task.
Duties and responsibilities
BAA requires an English editor with high level of skills and experience in professional editing of reports, guidelines and manuals, communication materials and technical documents in the area of agriculture/aquaculture and WorldFish and USAID thematic areas such as environmental compliance, gender and equality, decentralization policy and good governance. Responsibilities include the following:
1. Provide writing, editing and proof-reading services for complex and substantive technical documents.
2. Make necessary revisions according to WorldFish style manual and WorldFish editorial style manual
3. The editor will be responsible for ensuring:
- Copyediting, proof-reading, filling in gaps in the information, restructuring, layout and rewriting if required.
- Correct spelling and appropriate use of words with correct grammar and syntax
- A consistent style and format throughout the document
- Correct use of English while maintaining author’s writing style to the extent practical.
- Elimination of repetition and inconsistencies
- Appropriate positioning and numbering of boxes, figures and tables
- Consistent font(s) – as relevant to headings and text
- Appropriate use of italicized and bolded words
- Ensure all footnotes, sources, references are complete and consistent
- Throughout review of annexes (people consulted, bibliography, etc) to highlight incomplete areas along with consistency in presentation as per WorldFish guidelines.
- Prepare a complete table of Contents and Acronym List per document.
- Proofread designed layout files to ensure a complete print ready file.
- Ensure compliance to USAID branding and marking.
Deliverables & Time schedules
The service contract will come into effect for a period of two months from the date of signing the agreement by both parties. For each guidelines, BAA shall agree in email with the editor’s specific timeline that will be binding for the consultant. The full payment will be made only after the successful completion of task, which will be reviewed and approved by the Chief of Party. The deliverable is a high quality printing ready professionally edited documents under this agreement.
The individual service provider will work closely with the Communications Specialist and Senior Environment and Climate Specialist on a needs basis the Chief of Party or other team members.
Requirements for experience and qualifications
- Master’s Degree preferably in environment, public administration, public policy, political or social science, international studies or related field
- Bachelor’s degree can be substituted in lieu of Masters with 10 additional years of experience.
- Min 8 years of experience in professional editing of technical documents in areas of international development.
- Proven record of edited reports, publications or documents.
- Experience in report writing and editing of international development and other CGIAR Center documents.
- Experience in professional editing in the area of audit, evaluation, compliance manuals, international development or public sector is required.
- Experience in international development work preferably with WorldFish is an asset.
Competencies and special skills requirement:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- A Native English speaker is required.
- Conversation and understanding of Bangla language is preferred.
- Demonstrate strong written communication, research and analytical and ability to rapidly integrate information from various sources.
- Familiar with the concept of development and environmental guidelines in particular is an advantage.
- Technical skills in production, editing and ability to write quickly, clearly and concisely in English
- Ability to deliver on time as committed and be responsive to all communications from BAA.
Who can apply?
Qualified applicants should send an application which outlines their qualifications for this work and concisely describes the planned approach and process. In addition, the applicant should present a cost estimate along with a separate CV.
Interested parties should submit the proposal on or before November 15, 2020 to email@example.com mentioning the title of solicitation/RFA in the subject line.
The following documents will be requested for a contract- international applicants:
- Detail Proposal
- Passport copy
- Previous rates for consultancy (contract)
The following documents will be requested for National Applicants:
- Detail Proposal
- A certificate of incorporation (for individual companies, a trade license)
- Joint stock registration certificate (if applicable)
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- VAT registration number
- Proof of segregated bank account and bank details
- Other valid papers (provided by government institutions)
- The consulting firm must bear all annual income tax (AIT)
- Percentage of VAT and total amount of VAT should be mentioned in the proposal.
Our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
WorldFish has seven offices across Asia, Africa and the Pacific, with more than 400 staff and 27 nationalities who contribute to a dynamic multicultural work environment.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity and inclusion is valued and we seek to have gender balance in the organization. Our Leadership Team is 50/50 in terms of its gender spilt and 60 of our management cadre are women. We support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission. We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage women and men from developing nations to apply.