The Feed the Future Bangladesh Aquaculture and Nutrition Activity (BANA) is a five-year project of USAID to intended to improve nutrition through growth in the aquaculture sector growth. BANA works in 21 districts of southwestern Bangladesh and two districts in the southeast.
BANA has completed a number of conferences and discussions with fish hatcheries, and the owners have repeatedly said that they need help with marketing-- branding, differentiating their companies, labeling, and promotional material. These were identified as their business priorities, and BANA wants to find a marketing or advertising company to work with a selected group of hatcheries on their marketing priorities.
BANA's role in the development of the aquaculture sector is to find systemic solutions to problems in the market system. In this case, this means helping the hatchery sector as a whole improve its marketing. How does working with a few hatcheries change the whole sector?
We are looking at this as a demonstration. BANA will support a small number of working partnerships between agencies and hatcheries. The agency will help the hatchery improve its marketing and sales. These successes will encourage the agencies to sign other hatchery clients and grow, and the original hatcheries will be models for others to follow.
BANA wants to hear from advertising and marketing companies and agencies which want to work with clients in aquaculture. The agency will provide services to BANA-selected client hatcheries and solve their priority marketing issues. BANA will subsidize the cost of this through a grant.
Scope of Work:
- The selected partner-- advertising agency, marketing company, relevant consultancy firm, or similar-- will talk with the selected hatcheries (clients) to understand their marketing needs.
- The agency will work with the client in their normal manner-- billable time, deliverables, etc., as agreed with each client.
- BANA will pay the agency up to a certain amount for each of six clients as assigned to the agency by BANA (the amount of this subsidy should be in the applicant agency's proposal).
- The agency will provide service to each client.
- The agency and the client continue their relationship as they decide.
- The agency promotes it work to other hatcheries (BANA will provide an extensive list).
- Detailed documentation of client consultations
- The client hatcheries' plans
- Presentation & offers of the clients.
- Reports following BANA approved templates
Who can apply:
Only qualified applicants should apply. "Qualified" means an established organization with a track record in advertising, marketing, product branding, or similar.
All shortlisted applicants will make a capabilities presentation to BANA before selection.
If selected for the grant, the partner will be required to show:
- A certificate of incorporation (for individual companies, a trade license);
- Joint stock registration certificate (if applicable);
- An organizational organogram of key personnel, inclusive of the names of such personnel;
- Tax Identification Number (TIN);
- VAT registration number;
- Proof of a segregated account (providing the name and address of such an account);
- Other valid papers (provided by government institutions).
- The consulting firm must bear all annual income tax (AIT).
- Percentage of VAT and total amount of VAT should be mentioned in the proposal.
Interested parties should submit a one page inquiry on the attached form before 20 November, 2019,
either online or via email to: email@example.com mentioning the title of solicitation in the subject line.