The Feed the Future Bangladesh Aquaculture and Nutrition Activity (BANA) is a five-year project of USAID which intends to improve nutrition through growth in the aquaculture sector. BANA works in 21 districts of southwestern Bangladesh and two districts in the southeast.
Fish is an important part of good nutrition. The average Bangladeshi consumes 64 gm fish per day, and fish is an important source of protein and other micronutrients to ensure balance diet. In Bangladesh, deficiencies in nutrition are especially critical for women of reproductive age and small children.
It is important that information about the nutritional value of fish be communicated to people throughout the 23 districts where Feed the Future works and indeed throughout the country. Fish based recipe books will encourage people to eat more fish and will help improve the health of children and women in Bangladesh, but there are not many fish focused cook books on the market in Bangladesh.
BANA is looking for a dynamic and creative recipe book publisher to provide this. BANA would like to work with a publisher to produce a fish based cook book and promote the nutritional benefits of Bangladeshi fish.
BANA is looking for an entrepreneurial partner/publisher/firm/cooking celebrity who will create, design and publish a fish based cook book for sale in the country. BANA support will help launch the introduction of this product in the market, and the partner will promote and sell the cookbook to a range of targeted markets-- consumers, schools, colleges, universities, food companies-- as part of their business.
Scope of Work
The selected partner/ publisher/ firm for this solicitation will:
- Share the goal of the project.
- Understand the market for fish based recipes.
- Gather recipes for fish-based dishes and add nutritional information to each. Recipes for children are desirable.
- Effectively promote and sell the cookbook.
- Publish the cookbook in a wide coverage ensuring reaching to mass population (sharing copies in the school and college library, in book fairs in national, district and sub district level)
- Tag the produced recipes with companies to include those with similar or complementary products.
- Have a plan to make profit through sales of the cookbook.
- A good plan understanding the solicitation.
- The design and appearance of the cookbook including good quality photos of cooked recipes.
- A plan for wide distribution and marketing.
- A profitable business plan for marketing and promotion the cookbook.
Who can apply?
Only qualified applicants should apply. "Qualified" means an established organization/firm/cooking celebrity with a track record in cookbook publication and similar vision to expand the nutritional value of the fish for the benefit of people in Bangladesh.
Applicants should understand that this is not an offer to hire their services, but rather this is intended to be a partnership. This means that (A) cost sharing of not less than 40% of the total budget will be an important consideration in making this award, and (B) this activity is intended to be the catalyst for continued work of this kind without additional support from BANA, it is hoped that the partner/publisher/firm/cooking celebrity will continue to create awareness of fish based cooking in the country.
If selected for the grant, the partner will be required to show:
- Certificate of appreciation from respective local government representative (Any of the Union Parishad member or Chairman/Vice Chairperson)
- A certificate of incorporation (for individual companies, a trade license)
- A list of key personnel
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- VAT registration number
- Proof of a segregated account/bank account (providing the name and address of such an account)
- Other valid papers (provided by government institutions)
- Joint stock registration certificate (if applicable)
- The consulting firm must bear all annual income tax (AIT)
- Percentage of VAT and total amount of VAT should be mentioned in the proposal.
Interested parties should submit a one page inquiry on the attached form before 30 June, 2020, either online or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the title of solicitation in the subject line.
For further details please visit: https://www.worldfishcenter.org
Download Application Form