The Feed the Future Bangladesh Aquaculture and Nutrition Activity (BANA) is a five-year project of USAID which works to improve nutrition through growth in the aquaculture sector. BANA works in 21 districts of southwestern Bangladesh and two districts in the southeast.
Improved nutrition is important for the success of a nation. In Bangladesh, deficiencies in nutrition are especially critical for women of reproductive age and small children. Virtually all of the immediate and underlying causes of malnutrition are behavioral-- results of the decisions of individuals and their household members.
Increased awareness of nutrition makes a difference in decision making so it is important that actionable nutrition messages are properly delivered in households to effect positive behavior changes that lead to more optimal nutrition practices.
Many organizations send these nutrition messages by printing them on bowls and plates. A bowl and plate with a nutrition message may encourage people to eat more diverse and nutritious food and will help improve the health of children and women. This approach reaches households easily and effectively.
But donor money will not pay for this indefinitely, and since people need bowls and plates in any case, BANA is looking for a dynamic and creative private company to provide this a product for sale.
BANA is looking for an entrepreneurial partner that will create, design, and produce a bowl and/or plates for sale in the country. BANA will help launch the introduction of this product in the market, and the partner will promote and sell the bowl and plate to a range of targeted markets-- consumers -- as part of their business.
Scope of Work
The selected partner will:
- Share the goal of the project.
- Understand the market for these products.
- Gather essential nutrition messages to display. Nutrition messages on children and women are preferable. Messages on nutrition benefits of fish are also preferred.
- Effectively promote and sell the products.
- Distribute the bowl and plate in a wide coverage ensuring reaching to mass population.
- A good plan understanding the solicitation.
- The design and appearance of the bowl and plate including the nutrition messages
- A plan for wide distribution and marketing.
- A profitable business plan for marketing and promotion the bowl and plate.
Who can apply?
Only qualified applicants should apply. "Qualified" means an established entity with a track record in bowl and plate production or similar along with a vision to promote the better nutrition practices for improved nutrition status of the people of Bangladesh.
Applicants should understand that this is not an offer to hire their services, but rather this is intended to be a partnership. This means that (A) cost sharing of not less than 40% of the total budget will be an important consideration in making this award, and (B) this activity is intended to be the catalyst for continued work of this kind without additional support from BANA, it is hoped that the partner/firm will continue to produce the bowl and plate in the country.
If selected for the grant, the partner will be required to show:
- Certificate of appreciation from respective local government representative (Any of the Union Parishad member or Chairman/Vice Chairperson)
- A certificate of incorporation (for individual companies, a trade license)
- A list of key personnel
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- VAT registration number
- Proof of a segregated account/bank account (providing the name and address of such an account)
- Other valid papers (provided by government institutions)
- Joint stock registration certificate (if applicable)
- The consulting firm must bear all annual income tax (AIT)
- Percentage of VAT and total amount of VAT should be mentioned in the proposal.
Interested parties should submit a one page inquiry on the attached form before 10 July, 2020, either online or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the title of solicitation in the subject line.
For further details please visit: https://www.worldfishcenter.org
Download Application Form