The Feed the Future Bangladesh Aquaculture Activity (BAA) is a five-year project of USAID that works to improve nutrition through growth in the aquaculture sector. BAA works in 21 districts of southwestern Bangladesh and two districts in the southeast.
The aquaculture system in Bangladesh is changing from traditional to modern intensive culture, but a lack of knowledge and poor availability of modern equipment and small machinery are hindering growth.
Using such machinery profitably requires an understanding of the value of mechanization along with knowledge of relevant technical issues. Smallholder farmers and owners of hatcheries and nurseries generally lack this so it is necessary to improve outreach and distribution to aquaculture enterprises so that the proper products and services reach them.
We are looking for partner(s) who will present an effective business model that enables these small businesses to increase mechanization their fish farms, hatcheries, and nurseries. The goals are to establish or greatly expand distribution and marketing in the FTF areas to ensure the availability of such small scale machinery and to deliver guidance on the use the products to a wide audience.
Scope of work
The BAA project anticipates a partnership agreement with one or more enterprises in alignment with project priorities, due diligence, and agreement on terms. The successful partner will promote and sell their machinery to customers either dealers, retailers, or by engaging local service providers (LSP) or community agents to expand the business and to educate the farmers about the product and modern farming approach.
- A written plan for a business model for profitable delivery of goods and services to aqua-enterprises in the target area with a comprehensive strategy to reach the market
- Communication and business promotional tools
- 3-year business pro forma income statements
- Regular reports of sales
- Regular financial and narrative reports
Who can apply?
Only qualified applicants should apply. "Qualified" means an enterprise or private sector with sound qualifications related to this business. It is recommended that only registered private companies with established offices and businesses should apply for this support. The successful applicant(s) will work with hatcheries and nurseries in BAA working areas.
Applicants should understand that this is not an offer to hire their services, but rather this is intended to be a partnership. This means
(A) at least a minimum 50% cost-sharing/investment in this undertaking, and
(B) this activity is intended to be the catalyst for continued work of this kind tagging all relevant businessmen this event, and without additional support from BAA so that the partner will continue operation into the future.
If selected, the partner will be required to show:
- A certificate of incorporation (for individual companies, a trade license);
- Joint-stock registration certificate (if applicable);
- An organizational organogram of key personnel, inclusive of the names of such personnel and their CV’s or Resume
- Tax Identification Number (TIN);
- VAT registration number;
- Proof of a segregated bank account (providing the name and address of such an account);
- Other valid papers (provided by government institutions).
- The consulting firm must bear all annual income tax (AIT).
- The percentage of VAT and the total amount of VAT should be mentioned in the proposal.
Interested parties should submit a one-page inquiry on the attached form on or before January 15, 2021, either online or via email to email@example.com mentioning the title of solicitation in the subject line.