The USAID Feed the Future Bangladesh Aquaculture Activity (BAA) is a five year (2018-2023) activity implemented by WorldFish Bangladesh. The Activity is working toward sustainably improve the livelihoods of fish farmers and other aquaculture market actors by applying a market systems approach. BAA works in 21 districts of Khulna, Barishal and Dhaka divisions and 2 districts of Chattogram division.
BAA is working toward engaging more youths (age 15-29) into the aquaculture sector. By considering the fact that there are many youths who are already working and are involved within the aquaculture value chain. BAA believes that youth have the potential to go beyond the traditional farming system and can bring new lenses in the sector from business motive.
BAA is looking forward to work with the youths, who are already working in this sector/ want to get involved in this sector, to come with business ideas to extend their already existing business/ new start-ups. The idea can be developed by an individual/ by group/ business organization and can focus on the sectors related to modern fish farming, forward market, input market, service market and similar ideas.
BAA will support the youth business ideas in a cost share basis through partnership.
Scope of Work
The interested youth/organization can come up with innovative ideas that focuses on business development in aquaculture in any of the below or beyond segments focused on the working region of BAA:
- Modern fish farming (bio-floc, IPRS)
- Forward market (Fish buying, selling, processing, RTE/RTC etc)
- Input markets (fish seed, fish feed, Aqua medicinal product)
- Service market (extension services/ digital advisory service/ aqua-consultancy for aqua market actors)
Subsequently, they will design sustainable business model and implementation strategy to minimize constrains of penetrating in markets. The intervention will link BAA’s intermediate result on strengthened aquaculture value chain.
- Business idea on the attached form.
- In addition, the business model and core impacts of the model needs to be submitted along with pro-forma income statement.
Who can apply
- The qualified applicant for this solicitation will be mainly youths, focusing on the age range of 15 to 29 years, and who are involved in the aquaculture business/ interested to start their own business.
- Private organizations with the ideas focused on the aquaculture related business and whose target audience are youth with the age range between 15 to 29 years.
If the idea is submitted by an individual/ group of individuals then following documents should be submitted:
- National ID
- Student ID (for existing student)
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) (if available)
- Bank account details
If applied by an organization then following documents should be submitted:
- A certificate of incorporation (for individual companies, a trade license);
- Joint stock registration certificate (if applicable);
- Tax Identification Number (TIN);
- VAT registration number;
- Proof of a segregated account/bank account (providing the name and address of such an account);
- Other valid papers (provided by government institutions).
- The consulting firm must bear all annual income tax (AIT).
- Percentage of VAT and total amount of VAT should be mentioned in the proposal.
Interested parties should submit an inquiry on the attached inquiry form on or before 24 June, 2021 to: email@example.com mentioning the title of solicitation in the subject line. For any further query please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.