High-level Panel for a Sustainable Ocean Economy
The 2nd Expert Group Meeting which will take place in Abu Dhabi is a unique group of world leaders committed to developing, catalyzing and supporting solutions for ocean health and wealth in policy, governance, technology and finance.
WorldFish Honorary Fellow Eddie Allison has been invited to join the 2nd Expert Group Meeting of the High-level Panel.
The urgency of the Panel’s work is driven by the knowledge that failure to take rapid action on marine pollution, overfishing, climate change and habitat loss will lead to failure to realize the SDG vision of a peaceful, prosperous, sustainable future.
The Panel is inclusive and transparent and believes that we are stronger when we work together. It will collaborate closely with governments, Ocean industries and the financial sector to develop a set of recommendations that are rooted in science and informed by the work of many, with Panelists focused on triggering, amplifying and accelerating action at the most senior levels of government and business.
The High Level Panel is working to:
- Catalyze, develop and support solutions for Ocean health and wealth
- Establish a new global contract between the sea and humanity
- Leverage the implementation of SDG 14 and all SDGs
- Amplify the voice of vulnerable coastal and island communities reliant on the Ocean
- Highlight the value-creation potential of balancing economic production and Ocean protection
- Harmonize and multiply the impact of multiple Ocean initiatives
- Champion a roadmap for building a Sustainable Ocean Economy.