This was a side event of the World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue on the CGIAR 2030 Research Strategy and partnership opportunities in the transition to One CGIAR.
Date: Monday, 12 October 2020
Time: 07:45 – 08:45 (CDT) / 20:45 – 21:45 (UTC+8)
Launching at the end of this year, the CGIAR 2030 Research Strategy outlines the strategic directions that will guide One CGIAR’s research for development.
Ensuring food security and nutrition for all requires multi-stakeholder approaches and transformative partnerships for change. Crucially, the new Research Strategy provides an opportunity for revitalizing and strengthening CGIAR’s partnerships with development organizations, national agricultural research and extension services (NARES), and the private and civil society sectors to have impact at scale.
In this side event, participants gained a better understanding of One CGIAR and the opportunities for renewed partnerships that it provides, based on shared visions and common agendas for food security and nutrition; and influence the type of research that CGIAR will do as it develops its new research portfolio to address the emerging challenges in food, land and water systems.
- Patrick Caron, Vice President for International Affairs, University of Montpellier
- Lawrence Haddad, Executive Director, Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- Jemimah Njuki, Senior Program Specialist and Coordinator, International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Kanayo Nwanze, CGIAR Special Representative to the UN Food Systems Summit (UNFSS)
- Claudio Sadoff, Managing Director, Research Delivery and Impact CGIAR System Organization
For more information on the event agenda, visit the official page.