This session is hosted by EAT, Stanford University and Stockholm Resilience Centre.
SAVE THE DATE for the “Food Systems transformation through a blue lens: the next big questions” Dialogue on 4 June 2020 at 12:30 AM – 01:30 AM (UTC+8). Check your local times here.
To access the webinars you need to follow the 2 step process below:
- You must register on the World Economic Forum Virtual Ocean Dialogues site here: https://www.weforum.org/events/virtual-ocean-dialogues-2020/
- You will then receive an invitation email from Ocean2020@e.weforum.org titled Invitation - Virtual Ocean Dialogues 2020. Follow the instructions in that email. It will take you through a Toplink platform until a window confirming your final registration appears.
Context of the event:
In the face of growing concern over the environmental and health costs of land-based food production and consumption, blue foods – foods captured from or grown in the ocean or other freshwater water bodies – may play an essential role in the shift to a sustainable, healthy food system. However, more clarity is needed on how to unlock this potential while staying within the boundaries of what the planet can sustainably produce, and while contributing to human health, equity, job creation and improved livelihoods. This session will focus on the role of blue food in the global food systems transformation.
- How do blue foods fit into the vision for a food systems transformation over the next decade?
- What priority questions and unknowns in relation to blue food must be resolved to guide this transformation?
- What are the risks, opportunities and responsibilities of greater integration of blue foods into local, regional and global foods systems?
Tune in to this exciting discussion with the community of experts taking bold actions towards a healthy, thriving and resilient ocean. We look forward to your active participation!