The Economist Group’s World Ocean Initiative and Calysta invite you to join them for their second virtual panel discussion in its series on Thursday, May 28th at 9 PM (UTC+8). WorldFish's Director-General, Gareth Johnstone and Click here to check your local time and register here to book your spot.
Food security is one of the biggest concerns the world faces. Fish currently provide essential protein for around 1 billion people. The ocean could provide over six times more food than it does today. However, global fisheries are under threat. While climate change is forcing fish species to shift geographically, the coronavirus pandemic is adding temporary disruption to the industry.
In this webinar, several food systems experts will be featured in the panel to address the following questions:
- Will the seafood industry return to “business as usual” when pandemic-related restrictions ease?
- How can the world feed a growing population in a more sustainable way?
- How can progress on tackling overfishing, IUU fishing and subsidies be accelerated?
- What are the main challenges for sustainable aquaculture and how can they be overcome?
- How does the investment community assess the outlook for sustainable seafood?
So don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to learn more about the future of our ocean economy amidst a New Normal in the World Ocean Summit Webinar! See you there!