A virtual dialogue exploring compelling insights on the challenges and opportunities that women and men derive from value chain participation.
Date: Tuesday, 21 September 2021
Time: 22:00-23:00 (UTC+8)
Over 20 years of research on gender dynamics in value chain development has tended to overemphasize the production node and single commodity chains. Since 2019, the CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets (PIM) has supported a set of six projects that analyze gender roles, responsibilities, and relations across multiple food system value chains.
In this session, gender and value chain scientists, including WorldFish’s cross-cutting scientist, Surendran Rajaratnam, will come together to discuss gender dynamics along aquatic food value chains and the opportunities for economic growth and empowerment through innovative solutions such as women’s self-help groups in India to upgraded value chains for root crops in Vietnam.
- Surendran Rajaratnam, Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Cross-cutting, WorldFish
- Vanya Slavchevska, Gender and Social Inclusion Scientist, Alliance of Bioversity International & CIAT
- Nozomi Kawarazuka, Social Anthropologist, International Potato Center (CIP)
- Jennifer Twyman, Social Scientist, Independent Consultant, formerly the Alliance of Bioversity International & CIAT
- Cheryl Doss, Associate Professor and Senior Departmental Lecturer, University of Oxford & Leader of the Cross-Cutting Gender Research and Coordination, PIM
We look forward to your active participation.